Students looking to pursue an education in the United States may be eligible to apply for a student visa. If they have found a school that meets their needs and want to enter the country to attend, they may be able to do so. This can give them the opportunity to receive an education that can allow them to acquire knowledge and develop skills. With this visa, individuals can attend certain institutions of learning to gain an education. There are two student visas that individuals can apply for, including the M visa and the F visa. The M visa is for those wishing to attend a vocational or other non-academic institution. The F visa is for individuals looking to attend a university, college, high school, seminary, conservatory or private elementary school. These two visas cover a range of schools that allow individuals to delve into different programs where they can be educated on a specific topic or a range of subjects. With these options, individuals can develop skills that allow them to become successful as a student and propel them in their professional careers.

Can I be offered employment?

If students have a visa that allows them to attend a college or university, they may wish to seek employment after receiving their degree. In order to do so, they may have to apply for another visa. This can require an employment visa. To stay in the country, they will have to adjust the status of their visa. Since their student visa only grants them the ability to reside in the country for a certain period of time while they are in school, they will not be legally able to stay in the country. If an employer offers you a job, they can help you to acquire an employment visa, allowing you to continue to reside in the United States to pursue your career. There are many different types of work visas available. These visas can vary depending on the position you are looking to fill and the career choice that you have made. It is important to review the visa options to see which best suits your role.

The Law Office of Neal Richardson Datta has over 25 years of experience guiding clients through a variety of immigration legal matters, some of which include deportation defense, petitions, and waivers. If you require the services of an experienced immigration attorney with the skill to effectively represent you, contact our firm today to schedule a consultation.


Read Our Latest Blogs

  • When does the 3-10 year bar go into effect?
    Read More
  • Who qualifies for the O-1A visa?
    Read More
  • What steps can I take to get a student visa?
    Read More